Aigul’s practice focuses on cross-border international corporate and financial transactions including capital markets, project finance, private mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions (including joint ventures). Aigul also has extensive commercial litigation experience.
Prior to joining Egen Gregory, Aigul was group head legal for a state owned project company engaged in the development and construction of a petrochemical complex in Western Kazakhstan, and an associate at an Am Law 100 firm.
Aigul obtained an LLM degree, with honors, from the Aix-Marseille III and an LLB degree, also with honors, from the Kazakh State Law University. She is fluent in Russian, Kazakh, English and French.
Areas of Expertise
Mergers & Acquisitions
Banking & Finance
Construction & Infrastructure
2015 - Egen Gregory
2013 - United Chemical Company LLP
2012 - Morgan Lewis
2009 - Dewey & LeBoeuf
2006 - KPI LLP
2002 - Kazkommertsbank JSC
2001 - University Aix-Marseille III, LLM
2000 - Kazakstan State Law Academy, LLB
1999 - Almaty State Conservatory, BA
English, Russian, Kazakh, French
- United Chemical Company in connection with its joint venture with LG Chem for the development and construction of the second phase of a petrochemical complex in Western Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan Petrochemical Industries Inc on project finance and construction matters related to various phases of the development of a petrochemical complex in Western Kazakhstan
- Leading European aerospace company in its joint venture with Kazakhstan Garysh Sapary, Kazakhstan’s national space company
- Intergas Central Asia in connection with the restructuring of its assets
- CNPC in connection with the proposed acquisition of an interest in a major oil and gas project in Kazakhstan
- General Electric in connection with corporate, labor and other operational matters in Kazakhstan
- Areva SA, a leading French nuclear energy company, in connection with its, corporate, labor and other operational matters in Kazakhstan
- KazMunaiGaz Finance Sub B.V. as the Issuer and JSC National Company KazMunaiGas, as the Guarantor in connection with the increase and update of the KazMunaiGaz Finance Sub B.V. Global Medium Term Note Programme and the issuance of Notes listed on the London Stock Exchange
- JSC Development Bank of Kazakhstan in connection with the update of its Medium Term Note Programme and the issuance of Notes listed on the London Stock Exchange
- JSC Halyk Bank in connection with the issuance of Notes listed on the London Stock Exchange
- Committee of senior creditors with regard to the restructuring of indebtedness of JSC BankTuranAlem
- Western financial institutions in the restructuring of JSC Alliance Bank.
- Creditors’ committee concerning the restructuring of indebtedness of JSC Temir Bank
- Several major international banks and securities firms on Kazakh law regarding securities transactions, including derivatives, swaps, repos and reverses, foreign exchange spots and forwards, options and futures, and domestic term deposits.
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (London) in connection with its shares in Kazakhstan bank, including increase of charter capital and placement of shares, trust management of shares, shareholders agreements, compliance with Regulator requirements, issues and placement of bonds and corporate matters.
- Syndicate of international lenders in connection with facilities to two major oil refineries
- Capital Partners in connection with a Ritz Carlton hotel and condominium development in Almaty
- CNPC in connection with real estate acquisitions and construction projects in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan electric power company in connection with EPC agreement (FIDIC based) for the modernization of an electric power plant
- Kazakhstan company in the international bid procedures for EPC contract for new power plant, including preparation of bid and negation of EPC contract
- Karachaganak Petroleum Operating B.V. in connection with a series of high profile disputes with the Government of Kazakhstan including administrative courts for individual top managers
- JSC Kazkommertsbank in numerous commercial disputes related to the bank’s lending activity